Terms & Conditions of Sale
Terms & Conditions of Sale
Wick and Wire Co provide high quality hardware, consumables and e-liquids/juices. Just like you would service a car, your setup needs maintenance and by following the guide below you can keep your setup in good condition as well as lowering the costs of having to replace parts over time.
We adhere to the guidelines set out by Consumer Affairs Victoria for Refunds, Replacements and Warranty Returns and you can find the guidelines at https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/shopping/refunds-and-returns/refunds-repairs-and-replacements
We offer a replacement service for items that are deemed faulty due to a manufacturing fault (see below) however we do not offer refunds for change of mind, or because you do not like the product you have purchased.
We are happy to walk you through troubleshooting steps, however if an item is sent back or bought back to us without following these then you will be responsible for the cost of getting it back to you if the item is not found to have a genuine fault.
Different devices work in differently ways and it is up to you to decide what device will be the best for your style of vaping before making a purchase as all sales are final.
Caring for hardware, juices and consumables:
There are a couple of things that you can do to keep your vape setup in good condition such as
- Keeping components out of hot areas like cars, direct sunlight, next to stoves etc.
- Changing your coils at least once every week or 2 (mileage will vary depending on your use). You will know when your coil needs to be changed because your juice will start to taste burnt or chalky. If you need assistance with how to change a coil let us know
- Cleaning your tank & maintaining it. In most cases the parts of a tank are able to be cleaned, except for the coil
- Where possible, carrying your setup upright and not lying down
- Not carrying your device in a pocket, or leaving it in a heated area for extended periods of time
- Not charging your device on a high amperage USB charger such as a phone charger. No device manufactured to charge a phone is compatible with any of the devices we sell, and if you do charge your device on a phone charger in most cases it will void the warranty
- Keeping your stand alone batteries free from nicks & chips to the outer wrapping
- When traveling place all batteries and tanks in separate clear resealable bags
- Juices should be kept in a dark drawer, box or cupboard for longevity
- If any kind of adverse reaction is felt by the end user they should stop use and seek medical advice.
Everything we sell is C tick approved for safety and comes with a limited warranty. Once you have received your Wick and Wire Co order please check all components are in working condition. While every care is taken to ensure that there are no faults with hardware sometimes - as with all electronics - there can be issues.
Our products are broken up into 3 categories for warranty purposes as below;
Tanks (clearomizers, atomizers and cartomizers including glass components), wick, wire, coils, plastic bottles, vape bands, cotton and other items deemed as consumables are designed to be replaced over time and do not come with any kind of warranty unless received as DOA. Please contact us within 24 hours of receipt of your package for any DOA consumables. We do not offer any kind of refund on consumables however we do offer store credit if they are found to be DOA.
Batteries, battery chargers, starter kits and mods carry a 14 day DOA policy. If you have issues with a product during this time please contact us for a product return and replacement or refund.
Please note that when using any kind of battery extreme care and caution must be taken. The batteries we sell are an advanced item and we take no responsibility or liability for misuse, damage, injury to a person, item or other personal effects as a result of use of these items.
By purchasing a stand alone battery or item with a built in battery from our store, you assume the full risk of use and damage of this item. You agree that you have read guides regarding battery safety prior to purchasing this item and that you are aware of how to use this battery safely.
Every care must be taken to ensure that you handle any kind of battery correctly including but not limited to:
Ensuring the battery does not make contact with liquid
Ensuring the battery is kept in a protective case when not in use
Ensuring the battery is left free from chips or exposure as a result of damage to the battery wrap
Ensuring that a battery is inserted the correct way into a device, and that the positive and negative ends are int he correct positions
Not charging your device on a phone charger, or high amperage charger as this can damage the device & void the warranty of the device
Ensuring that all devices are turned off when not in use
Ensuring the battery is used in a mod suited to the battery type
Ensuring the battery is charged on a proper c-tick, amperage suitable device
Ensuring the battery is kept away from heat, flames and direct sunlight
All of our eliquids/ juices are made using food grade ingredients like BP grade Propylene Glycol, USP grade Vegetable Glycerine and natural and artificial food grade flavourings and should be handled as you would handle food.
Due to health regulations and issues around hygiene best practices we are unable to refund or exchange any liquid products once they have left the store. This includes DIY concentrates, PG & VG.
Some people have been known to have an adverse reaction to Propylene Glycol and/or Vegetable Glycerine, if you have not used these before please exercise caution when using for the first time. If you have any kind of adverse reaction please cease use of the product and seek medical advice before further use.
Wick & Wire Co. takes no responsibility due to adverse reactions, misuse or effects of the liquids we sell and use is at the discretion and liability of the purchaser of these products.
DIY gear is used at your own risk, and you should consult a specialist DIY forum for advice on how to use flavouring concentrates.
Please note that all items will need to be assessed before warranty can be honored and you may be required to send photos and or/ a video of the issue to info(at) wickandwireco.com.au for assessment. Please allow 3 working weekdays, not including the day the item is received, for assessment.
If the product is required to be returned to us you can either bring it into our store or you can post the item back to us.
If the item is found to be faulty and no fault of the user, we will refund the total postage cost to send the item back to us. Please ensure that you include the receipt for cost of postage when sending the item back to us. If the receipt is not enclosed or you cannot provide proof of postage then we cannot reimburse this cost to you.
If the item is found to be in working condition, and not faulty, the purchaser is responsible for the return postage back to themselves. This can either be purchased via http://www.wickandwireco.com.au/products/oops-i-forgot-the-shipping-express-post or alternatively if no response is received within 3 working days of diagnosis being advised to you, this will be sent via COD shipping at a cost of $12.70 plus the shipping fee, which is payable upon receipt of the parcel to Australia Post by you.
All warranties are null and void if:
- The item is found to have liquid seepage throughout which includes throughout a battery, a mod, a 510 connector, any electrical component or liquid seepage as a result of misuse
- The item has been damaged as a result of the item being dropped, knocked over or left in circumstances such as extreme heat (including a car on a hot day) or submerged in water or other liquid
- If you are using a non-genuine product such as a non-genuine battery, coil, charger or other consumable
- If the item is on-sold to a 3rd party, or purchased by a 3rd party. Warranty is only valid for the original purchaser and valid for a maximum of 90 days from the first instance of purchase
- If an item has been charged on a non suitable device such as an iPhone wall charger or phone fast charger, other type of phone charger or other wall charger with a non-compatible amperage. If you are unsure of what a compatible wall charger is please ask us prior to purchase or use. All the devices we sell should be charged at under 1amp.
- If batteries are found to have been inserted incorrectly into a device (the positive and negative ends are incorrectly aligned), or battery misuse is found to be the cause of the issue. All items sold on our website that require a stand alone battery must use 20 A or higher IMR/INR high discharge rate.
- All items sold within our store and on our website have the item serial number recorded by our suppliers for warranty purposes, if serial numbers do not match these records no warranty will be honoured
- We do not offer refunds however we do offer store credit for items that have not been used and are still in the original packaging
- We reserve the right to void any warranty if any of the above is found to be the cause of breakage of an item
Please note that if you are found to be reselling items purchased from our store then the warranty period is null and void.
Changed your mind?
At this time we do not offer refunds for change of mind so please choose carefully before purchasing any item.
Resellers Take Note
If an unauthorised reseller is found to be on-selling any of items found on our website, purchased either in-store or online, they will have their account cancelled and future orders refunded without notice, or potentially be banned from shopping in-store or online with us. Any items sold in-store or online carry a warranty, outlined above, for the original and first owner only.
If you happen to buy an item second-hand or on-sell an item, including hardware, batteries, tanks, ejuice and accessories the warranty is voided and we can not honor this as we cannot verify what has happened or the care taken of the item since it left us and was used by the original purchaser. Please do not ask us for assistance or to claim warranty with a second hand item, as refusal often offends.
The maximum of any one item a person can purchase, including batteries tanks and mods is three (3). Orders over this amount or orders with multiple items of the same type can be cancelled and refunded without notice, if we suspect that there is reselling involved.
What do I do if I have received a faulty or incorrect item?
If you happen to receive a faulty or incorrect item please contact us within 24 hours info(at) wickandwireco.com.au to arrange for return and replacement/refund in the form of a store credit to the value of your returned item. All faulty items will need to be sent back to us for assessment before we will refund or replace the item, this is to ensure that the item is faulty so that it can be returned from us to the manufacturer for investigation.
Postage for faulty items is at the customers expense and will be reimbursed if the item is found to be faulty by the manufacturer. Please note that if the item is not found to be faulty then postage will not be covered by Wick and Wire Co.
When purchasing products from this site you are verifying that you are 18+. Products sold on this website are not for the use of minors and we reserve the right to cancel orders from persons under 18 years of age.
Wick & Wire Co, it's owners, employees, agents and other involved parties assume no liability injury to a person, item or property caused as a result of use of products sold on this website.
From time to time we may use your details including name, address and email to send you promotional offers, sale advice and other information. If you would like to opt out of these emails please follow the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
All information provided above, photographs and content of this website is the intellectual property of Wick and Wire Co and should not be reproduced, copied or distributed without our consent.
Shipping within Australia
Wick and Wire Co. aim to ship orders within 24 hours of receipt. If an order is placed on a weekend or public holiday it will be shipped out the next working day. Please keep this in mind if you are running low on items around holiday periods.
All items within Australia are shipped with Australia Post. Due to CASA regulations, batteries and mods cannot be shipped via Express Post and need to via road. Please select either regular or signature shipping for these items. If you choose Express Post and an item of this nature is in your order, we will refund the difference and send it via Regular Post.
If you live in an apartment building or high foot traffic area we strongly recommend taking signature confirmation shipping method. While all care is taken, we cannot be responsible for items that go missing once they have left our store.
Regular Parcel Post can take 2-8 working days from being sent and you will be provided with a tracking number once the order is shipped.
Express Post orders can take 1-3 working days depending on where you live, and up to 8 days if you are outside a metro area.
Check out http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html to see if you are in an Express Post area or not.
Please note that if you provide the incorrect address to us for shipping your item, or your parcel is returned to us as not being collected or incorrectly addressed as a result of you entering the incorrect address at checkout, a $20 admin fee will result plus the cost of re-shipping the item back to you. We are charged for orders shipped back to us by Australia Post as a result of non-collection, refusal to collect, and incorrect addressing, and this cost will be passed on.
Orders under $80
Regular post with signature - $7.20
Express post with signature - $9.30
Orders $80 - $100
Regular post with signature - Free
Express post with signature - $4.00
Order over $100
Either regular or express post with signature - Free
Please note that if you select the express post option but have batteries as part of your order, this will be sent via regular post instead due to Australia Post regulations.
All parcels sent will include up to $100 cover if something happens to go missing or is damaged in transit. If your parcel is over $100 in value we will insure your parcel for the correct value.
Shipping outside Australia
Unfortunately we do not ship orders outside of Australia